More and more pet owners and veterinarians are turning to acupuncture and other forms of alternative medicine to manage pain in animals, often with highly successful results.
Dr. Smith is a Certified Veterinary Acupuncturist and may include acupuncture in treatment plans for the following types of conditions.
- Conditions that involve paralysis, noninfectious inflammation (e.g.
allergies), and pain
- Musculoskeletal problems such as arthritis or vertebral disc pathology
- Skin problems, such as lick granulomas
- Respiratory problems, such as feline asthma
- Gastrointestinal problems, such as diarrhea
- Compulsive disorders, such as feather picking in birds
- To improve the overall well-being in patients with cancer, or organ
failure such as renal disease